- Product Description
1. The Pathfinder DF-4 stands for Deadfall Figure - 4. It mimics the traditional figure four trap trigger system carved out with sticks. Yet it is in a one piece design, and it collapses down for easy storage. The PDF-4 deadfall trap can easily be set with one hand holding the trap trigger, and the other holding up the deadfall. The traditional carved figure four trap method works very well and is time tested, but can be time consuming and difficult to set.
2. The PDF-4 is made with a combination of 6000 series aluminum, and the pivot points are put together with air craft type rivets. The traps are also anodized with a type III harden finished. A lot of effort was made to keep these traps light, compact, and durable.
3. The single weights 3.4 oz. and is 13 1/2" tall by 1/2"X5/8" when collasped.
4. The traps have been extensively tested with an accuracy average ranging around 20% per trap. Meaning with every five well placed traps we would have one to two captures a day, of course we do not guarantee these figures as many factors come into play.
5. The Pros of the PDF-4 trap are light weight, packable, stealth, efficient, fast setting, humane due to a quick kill mechanics, or it can be used for live capture with cage type deadfalls. The PDF-4 when in use can be working for you while you engage in other activities. The PDF-4 is one of the few traps that is light enough, as well as taking up minimal room in your pack, giving you the ability to carry it with you. These traps are perfect to carry in a pack or vehicle, for emergency food procurement, or can be used for basic trapping if laws allow.
6. The PDF-4 is not a gimmick, it is a real survival tool. Trapping is not the most popular subject these days, however it is a viable way to produce protein. In the event an alternative way is needed to provide food the PDF-4 is a real option.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- FedEx International Priority - average transit 1 to 3 business days
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Beats any dead-fall trap I've made in the field, and much easier to employ. By the time I craft one of these by hand, I can easily set-up at least a dozen of the DF-4 traps in the same amount of time. To those quick to comment about getting back to your primitive roots, I also prefer to use a lighter when making a fire. If you are a true survivalist, you will use what you have and make what is necessary. I prefer to make my life as easy as possible in the field, and the DF-4 trap is now part of my kit. It's light and versatile enough to use for other things as well. BTW, I purchased a few to try out, and liked them enough to order more.
So quick and easy to use. The hardest part will be finding a good log or rock.
Pathfinder DF-4 Deadfall Trap
Why build it when I can save time and buy it ready to go. And lightweight
When I placed my order, I didn't know they had been improved, so when it arrived with some new notches (one on the bottom near ground, the other on the angled tension rod near the top, I decided to visit DF-4's website. Not only do the notches add the capability for the DF-4 to function has a snare trigger (and a short bit of wire is included), the ground rod has been slightly beefed up and can now hold a 90 lb dead fall. Raccoons, possums, etc are now on the menu.
To be used as a snare trigger, some cordage, a stake, and possibly some heavier snare wire will be needed, along with a snare engine.
The new functionality is amazing and I can't wait to put the new DF-4's into use.